From the Desk of Miss Walsh
Today I do have a few items for you to read (see below).
As I am sure you see on the nightly news, things evolve and change day to day. Schools are in that same boat. My goal is to give you as much information as I know and to let you know what we are doing to keep up with the changes necessary or mandated by the state. Things change quickly these days....
1. The MOST important thing we can all do is stay healthy. Follow the CDC guidelines of social distancing, washing hands and taking care of you and your family.
2. While we are under a mandated closure: Under the current plan of enrichment and review at Fell, remember that teachers (prior to the March 13th) introduced plenty of skills, concepts and ideas throughout the course of the school year. Many of these skills, concepts and ideas are mastered by continued practice and on-going reinforcement. One of our goals is to keep students gaining a deeper understanding and build strong foundations, for now and future learning. This is also a good time to encourage your child to explore topics he/she has an interest in from their classes.
3. Today would have been our annual Science Fair....so in celebration of all that our students, parents and Mrs. Seymour did to get us ready...give a HUGE shout out!!!! Our students always do a phenomenal job with these projects.....it is important to celebrate their hard work. Maybe conduct the Science Fair at home....record it and send it to Miss Jezuit so we can brag about the tenacity of our kids on our FaceBook page!!!
4. If you feel that your child would benefit from contact with Miss Rogers, our School Counselor, please reach out via email to her firstname.lastname@example.org). She will do her best to point you to services or strategies that may work during this crisis.
5. Stay strong, stay positive and remember to reach out to friends and family. Phone calls are a great way to stay connected during this time of social distancing.